Sunday, July 12, 2009

Big Mama - The Kimchi Chronicals

Now when I say big Mama i don't mean


The band


There's a restaurant in Swanston which sells pretty ok Korean and Japanese food near Arrow and Verve. Yesterday, after pool, we were all geared up to go. You see the day before Alva and I watched Anthony Bourdain in Korea, so it's completely understandable why WE WANT KOREAN FOOD. So we battled the storm/crazyasswind which literally pushes you to the back when you walk forward. And then!

IT HAPPENED.

As soon as we stood at the door, the staff turned the 'open' sign over to -- We're closed so go ahead and mope and cry on your Facebook status and die in the cold, cold streets you piteous imbecile. Muahahahaha!

I feel like a gungho korean being robbed off the family's secret Kimchi recipe!

GARGH DOMODOMODOMO.

Apart from answering machines and nonresponse from people I crack jokes to, I have a new pet-peeve since coming to the city. I cannot stand walking up to a doorstep of an eatery staring blankly at the closed sign. Twice at Blok M, once in Coconut House... Based on my annoy-o-meter, this is first place, at the highest extreme in terms of how annoying it is.

Thankfully there's always 24 hours food chains, friends with a truck load of videos, boardgames, wii, PS, and Fox 8.

Side note.

I may have been too pessimistic about leaving Gippsland, where people lived close to each other and bonded because of that, to the City, where I recently found out people also do the same. (: It's the people you surround yourself with that makes it all better. With all honesty, I always thought the city was going to be a place I would never fit in. But I'm glad now that I'm here, I realized I may have been too quick to judge. In this period of time where there's so many changes taking place, no matter how small, I am adapting well.

1 comments:

Alva said...

lol!