Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hyponagogic Myclonic Twitch.

People who are really close to me will be aware that I am probably a friend with the strangest bad sleeping habits. Now you k-po's don't even hope I reveal any because you gotta know me well enough to know. ;)

So you see, out of all the habits I have, I suffer from hypnagogic myoclonic twitch in my sleep. It's an uncontrolled movement that causes your body to jerk awake all of a sudden when your body is relaxed and still and very lol-worthy to look at (YAES. I've been told). There's no scientific explanation for it LOL, I googled. :9

I don't know about you guys, but for me it's usually the kind of feeling that i tripped on a curb, or pushed into a pool, sucked into a vortex, sliding down a slide something like that. The thrill of falling off a stupid cliff can be disruptive when I am supposed to stay still.

I used to get it all the time in the dentist's chair. I surprised the nurse every time, hehe... And when shampoo-ing my hair at the salon the shampoo-boy must be thinking wtf. It's funny as hell. It gets annoying though especially during my most stressful periods of the semester coz usually it leaves me half awake and dreaming about cliffs and slides, my leg jerks then it ruins my nap and freaks me out. Tee hee.

Another bad habit is, it's really difficult to wake me up. I treasure my sleep so much, even if you put a bomb under my bed, I'll still sleep. So maybe this twitch thing is supposed to make sure I wake up at all. :O

Bleh.

0 comments: