Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Simply the best.

I have very romanticized feelings for Gippsland etched in my reverie.

It's one of the best things that has ever happened to me. All I've learnt to love, learn to laugh and things I learn to overcome. Possibilities, impossibilities, the rights, the wrongs, the good, the not so good...

This is the time where I have gone through the greatest amount of adventure and self-discovery. Gippsland has made me see the finer things in life.

People are too caught up with the rush. I am one of them.

Before coming to Australia, I was so bent on joining Alex in the city. Complaining to my Dad about how boring Gippsland will be and why I had to be forced to take the subjects that I took. Kevin, our course coordinator, convinced me that it wasn't going to be so bad. I was skeptical once. However, Kevin didn't lie.

I remember my first impression of Gippsland. When Kai was saying, Gippsland was going to be one of the places where you will remember for life. A place you will miss. I remember I responded to him with a weird look half munching on a smoked salmon sandwich he offered.

Midway through the semester, I get it.

I finally get it now.

Exchanging to Gippsland is one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

0 comments: