Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Leech of the nation.

I don't understand what's going on anymore.

First I missed my flight to KL. And had to spend another 200+ ringgit on a MAS ticket.

Discovered MAS was not much different from Air Asia anyways.

And got 'whacked' $$$ on the way home to Subang from KLIA.

Yesterday it rained like crazy when I was rushing back to finish up FTV.

And today I crawled up from bed this morning and head for COM1020 lecture only to discover there was no class today.

Paid the parking and left to send my friends to Sunway Pyramid. I didn't want to go. On the way, at the bend, I got stopped by the police.

And so I did.

I wind down my window, and look at the tanned guy with a mustache staring down at me. I shifted my glance to the pin saying "Saya Anti-Rasuah" on his right chest. But you do know how they contradict themselves sometimes.

"Bagi lesen."

And so i did.

He looks at my licence. Then says. "Lesen P eh?"

WTF. Are you are retarded? I pasted the sticker on the windscreen you-

"Yea."

"You tak pakai seat-belt."

I nod. He accused the passenger too but we all retaliated.

"Saman?"

I became weary.

I remembered during my Theory talk, the QIT said when kids are under the P licence, any single tiny mistake that is made will result to my licence being suspended.

"Saman berapa?"

"100."

Double weary. Dad's going to kill me.

I fished out a 50 dollar note and stuck it out the window.

He was flustered. He shoved the licence back at me.

"Letak kat bawah."

I was thinking. "boya iggae."

I have a choice. I know my choices.

When you see many check-points along highways and roads, You know it's Raya.

But the law ain't gonna work if they're only hardworking in issueing their versions of summons during raya time.


I honestly would've stood up to my idea of justice and all that we're brainwashed to think while taking INT. I could've taken the saman but I still succumbed to it fearing my licence will be revoked.

My gran's going to say. "ke pai ang kong" (go pray to the ang kong). Problem is, i don't even know where the nearest ang-kong is or even... how to 'pai'...

My mum's going to say. "Haiyoo... how can you be so carelesss."

I called up dad to tell him about it. He was like. "Haiyoo... your luck has been really bad lately har."

YA. Whether it's in the airport, on the road, at school, everywhere I go. Things happen to me. Basket.


We spoke to Ben Mckay earlier at campus.

Us: Hi sir...

Mr. Mckay: Hey, how are you?"

Us: Fine..."

Mr. Mckay pauses at his steps. "You... don't look too sure about that." :S

I was about to burst out laughing.

How i feel now is beyond words having a first hand experience of 'rasuah' is not good at all. Totally totally makes me feel like a lowdown. 50 ringgit over pride. *does a loser sign..

Beats better than going through the process of finding out where to pay and all. But still... :(

Mr. McKay: Don't worry, just bear with it for a while. It'll be over soon.

He told us before he headed up to his office.

True.

Hope he's right. >_<

*

I call this. Karma. T_T

0 comments: