Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cleaner Air

I spoke to a stranger today. In a steam room. Random. Never got her name though but she was from Kuching, teaching in a university nearby.

There I was looking for an empty Steam room and too bad for me both are occupied (For some strange reason Pulai Springs was very crowded today). Therefore I crashed hers.

After a few moments of silence, the room started cooling down and we complained to each other the steam thinggy wasn't working. I know how this room works. It has temperaments. But the steam worked again shortly.

We were chatting about the state and as expected, she said what ALL (notice the caps) people say to me about this very place where I grew up in 17 frikkin years of my life.

She used the word JB and nothing-much-to-do in the same sentence! I suspected she was just being politically correct when she meant Boring.

Which I proceed to weigh the pros and cons of agreeing with her. Like as much as I hate to admit it, Johor is definitely nothing like KL.


There's no MOS in Johor.
The biggest mall in Johor is about the quarter the size of Pyramid.
We have a Sungei Wang equivalent in town.
We don't have much decorative lights.
We don't have a fetish for HUGE mega malls.
We have to fight with Singaporeans for parking space.
We have to pay to use the toilet.

BUT

We have cleaner air.
We have cleaner water.
We have cheaper food.
We have tall buildings. (and it's not made of wood)
We don't have to pay toll when we leave the house.
JB not that big. So when you travel you don't use much petrol either.
Cheap booze - Absolut Currant 2 Litre only cost 68 bucks.

.
.
.

Haih. But there's no MOS/MV/1U/Pyramid.

Being a helpful Johorean, I suggested a few place for her to hang out in. But the things to do are either too far or you need to get on an MRT (cross the expressway before that even).

I realized I was sinking into the verge of a mental breakdown looking for something to say to defend my hometown!

Okay, I exaggerated a bit. But you get the drift.

Horrified with my discovery and a lacking opinions (LOL) I agreed with her. =P

Fine. JB is boring. I am feeling it too. I'm about to run out of things to do. I also do realize I'm about to live in a place that closes everything at 5pm next year.

*puts anti-seizure drugs in suitcase*

The End! (of my pointless ramblings).

0 comments: