Monday, August 24, 2009

Slave.

I do not want to be a corporate slave. PERIOD.

It was the main reason why I didn't take up Accounting (even I got the best score out of all the other subjects I took in MUFY) after college. Mind you, I was once, damn good with Microsoft Excel.

But watching my mother slog with her digits and datelines and dad working late, with that same amount of effort put together (IF I EVER), I thought I could channel this into something greater while I make a name for myself in, naive as I am, the 'literary' world. I imagined myself living by my pen.

BUT NOW. I AM BEGINNING TO REGRET MY DECISION WHY DIDN'T I DO BUSINESS WHEN IT CAN GUARANTEE ME

  • APRINANOTHERCOUNTRY
  • ANEXCUSETOBUYCOLLAREDSHIRTANDAHIGHSLITPENCILSKIRT
  • LOTSOFMONEY
  • AHOTNERDYBOYFRIEND
  • ORTWOHOTNERDYBOYFRIENDS
  • HOTNERDYBOYFRIENDWHOWILLBERICHAFTERHEBECOMESACORPORATESLAVE.
  • TEMPORARYBLINDNESSFROMWHATSWRONGWITHSOCIETY
  • TEMPORARYBLINDNESSFROMPSYCHOANALYSIS.
  • PERMANENTBLINDNESSFROMECCENTRICEUROPEANPHILOSOPHERS. :/

I was once driven, naive to believe I could do this all my life just to get a comment from my readers, which really at that time meant alot alot to me while I had my brains filled with teenage angst and the rules of the adult world that confused me. The satisfaction, acknowledgement, gaining acceptance and recognition from people I didn't know is indescribable.

No matter how stupid it might sound, I LOVED IT. It was something I craved for.

I enjoyed my course. Regardless of how abstract their theories might sound, or how long the word count can be, and how negative it is towards society at large, I enjoyed doing Communications.

If you push questions about money aside, and assume that the job market for us Comn students were widely available, I don't see myself doing any other course.

akjdlweielskfldj

That nagging feeling doesn't want to go away. :(

2 comments:

Alva said...

noo noo noo... *fake austrian slang*

ish enJOY your course DARHLIN'; not enjoyED.

ppl might think u don't like the fabulously glamourous course u're doing right now.

anyway ppl in accounting look up to us in envy at our carefree (seemingly) flamboyant lifestyle baybeh!

Sze Jia said...

WE WILL NOT CONFORMM!!!

lol. oh oh. Yes Alvapaca lao-shi. Enjoy. teehee

Yah. come to think of it, our course quite glamour. ;)