Thursday, October 08, 2009

Lost in Melbourne.

Wednesdays are probably one of my favourite days because class ends really early and I get to spend an afternoon hanging out and it's bowling day =D. So we did what we did, lunch, plans for bowling, a bit of window shopping.

We were at QV when it happened. And then, I left Alex and Karina to pop by the bathroom. And when I came back. They disappeared. It slipped their mind that I didn't have my handphone with me.

I felt a tiny wave of panic sweep over me. It's the same feeling of a 5-year-old losing your parents in a mall except not so intense. Hehe.

I checked the Bowling Alley, Mooks, possibly circled QV in and out 3 times. And then I decided to wait for them at Glue. Which I then gave up after some time. In this kind of situation, my feel of time can differ.

How I met them again was quite funny. I was on my way to Verve, a couple of friends stay there. Even if I wasn't sure of their Unit Numbers, I was gonna give it a shot. Without much success. It's Lunch time so its pretty obvious. I was walking back to Mel C when I decided to try another combination. 130-something. I'll try from 1-9.

But before I was subjected to any further failure and embarassment, in front of me, I see this tall and lanky dude with a familiar face and I was ecstatic! Erich thanks a million I owe you lollies. :P

Erich called Alex and we three reunited again!

*dramatic music for a climactic ending*

No actually it's just starting.

If you guys saw a couple of international university students talking really loud to each other outside the State library, it could've been us. I won't include dialogues but it's something along the lines of

"You're like a grandmother with Dementia who lost her family!"

I successfully killed another 10 minutes or so denying.

Then, we walked down Swanston street laughing away. "Oy so what do we do now?"

Decided against bowling because it wouldn't be fun with only me and Alex playing. It's always a problem to decide what to do in the city without involving money. I should get lost more often. It's like Hide and seek with a bigger space to hide.

0 comments: