Sunday, June 20, 2010

Looking for a safer place to hide.

It's about time I stopped.

Every year I promise myself to be 'true-er' to myself but... there's always a but.

Between pleasing other people and working to gain acceptance, is me and my irrational fear of rejection. I can't rationalize my obsession of being accepted. But truth be told, where I am now. I think I found solace in certain people who will never put me in limbo between acceptance and rejection. I think acceptance doesn't matter as much anymore.

The point is: People are so fluid and fragmented, we get overwhelmed by the different characters, emotions, discourses and opinions. You can't work yourself to please everyone. It's impossible even if you did it at your own expense.

And this part I hate, is choice. Who to please when you're stuck between two?

UGH.

0 comments: