Thursday, June 17, 2010

To the moon and back.

Savage garden. Yes. I am stuck in the 90's.

Moving on.

I did not eat Katong Laksa.
I did not go to the Pixar's exhibition.
I did not get Universal Studios tickets.
But other places I went were as good during my little getaway.
Now that I'm back and greeted by all the chaos.
Rooting from the Trauma conference.
Chiang Mai trip.
Other responsibilities.
I wonder if it's possible for me to finish my fieldwork in time.

Can kut.

So yes. Now I'm poor and have aching limbs and a stomach that refuses to recover because of dodgy ass char kway teow from Vivo's Food Republic.

Had Fruitips. That tong garden pipe thinggys. Reaped the benefits from the Great Singapore Sale. *yay* Visited the Arts Museum *lovely lovely postcolonialism going on there*. Went to the beach.

And from these 4 days in Singapore I learnt, 7 Eleven is a life saver. WHO'S WITH ME?!

I think I wasn't able to enjoy it as much as I thought I would because this trip came with too much guilt. Don't get me wrong, from that moment I left my passport in KL, there's been too much I needed to sacrifice to go for the trip. Plus, from the very beginning, this trip ALMOST didn't happen. Now I think about my work eeesh. It's sad how I seem to always give in to temptation.

But it was fun while it lasted. =)

Now it's back to the Honours room and that marked proposal lying motionlessly on my table. *gulps*

I hate this part right here.

1 comments:

squiikivois said...

Story me your trip as soon as I come back and don't even start guilt-tripping yourself for a hard-earned holiday my dearest. Remember to "Sze's the day" ya! ;)