Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Job.

And so it sinks.

I met a couple of friends I chilled with in Melbourne last Friday. There I was seated in the middle of the group talking about their jobs and jobs to-be. Their anxieties, their enthusiasm, everything under the sun. I listened picturing myself in their shoes. Btw, grats to Rom who just got a job. And Richmond who survived his first week of it. Alex who is there when I was in financial emergency. I will be eternally grateful.

All in all, I never expected to be part of a conversation like this so soon. It just hit me that it's not long before I will be like them. I really really need a job. Tutoring is all fun and good part-time, but I need a real-time job.

Travel and Tourism - Even though it has nothing to do with my course, it's one thing I'm genuinely interested.

Teaching - Although I was told colleges normally go for a masters graduate for that.

Corporate communications - Yes. Slave of the corporate world I be.

Writer - Like I always planned. But am I good enough?

Activist - I can see myself doing something related to women's aid or children. Hopefully. =)

So many choices. But at this point in time, I don't know what to do with my life. I do know people who are in the similar shoes I'm in. I emphasize. I can't imagine how studying life is ending so soon. It's like how many years in a blink of an eye?

It's 1.32 am and I can't sleep.

1 comments:

Alva said...

don't doubt yourself girl. you'll be good enough for anything that you have a passion for. talent 10% hardwork 90%. just set your heart on something you love doing and you'll rock socks! :)