Friday, December 24, 2010

It still puzzles me to this day.

I'm clearing out old messages clogging up my phone memory. (The warning has been appearing for some time now lol). It's nice being nostalgic. Some pretty fond memories I'm reminded of as I travel back to time (or at least back to 2009) by reading messages I decide to keep and decide to discard. Interesting conversations with people I've met, people that I loved and people that I have not hung out or speak to anymore with for a while now.

Then there are also messages that come from people whom I keep in contact every once in a while, more frequently during the holidays (because, like birds, students studying overseas migrate in flocks).

Messages mostly revolve around post-Gippsland, Gippsland, Melbourne and Honours/Bawang merah era. I haven't run through ALL because I've not cleared out my inbox since forever just skipped a couple as I go. I'm quite sure it'll take days to finish. Haha.

Honestly speaking, 2 years is a comparatively short time. But I dare say, for me it's been rather eventful despite having some line of communication gone dead or, just simply, changed. It still puzzles me to this day why it happens? Out of sight, out of mind? Why it's so hard for me to keep in contact with people being apart after long periods of time. Apart from billing and some energy to type the message, why does the effort seem great?

Would it be weird if I were to suddenly say hi? And if I do decide to make the effort, what if the other party does not reciprocate? Maybe it's just better to remain MIA instead of having to be rejected. But then if I try hard enough, maybe they would realize I care and reciprocate.

Now I know that's not always the case.

Christmas coming in a few hours time. It's time I reached out to the right people.

0 comments: