Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunny side up.

It's been a while since I met any of my mother's colleagues. I spent this weekend catching up with a couple of them during the company's family day at Desaru. Some aged a bit, bellies grew but many I could still recognize.

I have to admit, I initially thought that since most of my peers wouldn't have attended it and since I'm not such a smooth auntie-talker, nor a face that attracts tiny tots, I expected myself to be quite out of place. I figured out since it was a beach outing, and since Zoukout didn't materialize, it'll be a fun time with the family.

It turned out that I was not the only twenty something over there. Everyone has grown so big. O.O And it's difficult to imagine how fast time has passed. One was even working already.

Being the queen of awkward that I am, while people rattle away, I listened and stayed deep in thought. It's hard to digest when you see how pranksters become model examples of society, it's not the first time I've said it. This other one, was like a kid when I last saw him and now he's taking STPM.

I feel old.

Funny how people move on from one point to another at different rates. Though like many acquaintances, I doubt we'll be meeting or keeping in touch after this. It was fun while it lasted though.

As I watch people get serious with life, I realize it's about time I did too.

0 comments: