Friday, November 06, 2009

Are you a visual creature?

She who is perfect.

Clothing size from zero to four.
Silky long hair.
Symmetrical face.
Double eyelids.
C-cup.
Perky butt.
Barbie doll waist.
Skinny thighs.

He who is perfect.

Tall and lanky 6 foot-ish body frame
thick jaw lines
wide forehead
perfect haircut,
A well chiseled body.
Preferably v-shaped


What gives?

The only people who are making money out of this are plastic surgeons, protein supplement and cosmetic companies!

If only people stopped focusing on the above-average hot people and look at the 90% of the shy, less outgoing, more average ones, maybe life wouldn't be so complicated?

Whatever happened to the notion that beauty is subjective? It seems like it's been all played out and affirmed already. Criteria for beauty is starting to become more objective than ever! If you don't fit into that description, you are doomed to be invisible/jobless/single for life muahahha~ In words of Jason Hahn. XD

Humans are such visual creatures. :/ Baahh.

I personally just don't see the need to be made-up every time I step out of the house. There are times I prefer to just change out of my pyjamas and run to the train station and head wherever I want to go. If I'm just going out to buy a loaf of bread, or meet a close friend for a meal, I just don't feel the need to go through such great lengths to keep myself happy? As long as I don't look sloppy, why worry? =)

While due to the nature of human's appreciation of aesthetics, as far as it goes I would live up to it when there's an occasion for me to dress up, I would gladly take the opportunity to just for the fun of it. But I wouldn't stick to a regime that makes my appearance the main attribute to keep me happy. Once this particular look has been normalized, it becomes insignificant.

I don't want people to appreciate me for my perfections but imperfections rather. These are things I can cover but have no control over to change.

I've been told time and time again that I can look good if I put the effort to. But I think to myself: what if people start to realize I am plain obnoxious, bimbotic and ill-mannered under those layers of powder and ink? :) No amount of dieting or make up can make up for that.

Perhaps its because there was once a phase I've once fallen into and gotten out off that made me hold even more firmly onto my belief. I won't deny that I do appreciate aesthetics and gush over Gerard Butler and Giselle Bunchen when they do grace pages of magazines but even so that doesn't make them any less/more human than any of us. I believe that those levels of aesthetics should only remain there. Not in the real world. =)

OK. Long rambling. It must be the heat. Sigh. Back to work.

0 comments: