Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sem 1 vs. Sem 2

I am well again. :D

Today I'm better so this is going to be long.

Now that I've tasted Sem 2, it's only fair. A very John Tesh-ish analysis.

Boring classes.

Sem 1 (INT and JRN lectures really wasn't that bad.)
Sem 2 (plenty. Jega puts me to sleep and forces me to fork out 45 bucks on a spray to perk me up. Finding a toilet in Japan. Tush.)

Syllabus

Sem 1:

INT1010 (contemporary worlds 1) : Loved the vids. The assignments were tedious but it was interesting answering why's and how's. Totally different from SPM History. THE EXAM, however, WAS CRAZY.
COM1010 (media studies) : Need I say more? Loved it. DR YEOH PWNS. The assignments totally wrecked my brains but the whole purpose of the first semester is to push ourselves to think, right? CPE was a killer.
FTV1050 (Film Studies) : Loads of English films. Some was nice. Some were not. Gummo is just disturbing.
JRN1902 (Newsroom Theory and Writing) : Press Freedom. *pokes everybody* The tutes were fun. I never knew short word limits could be so frustrating.


Sem 2:

INT1020 (Contemporary Worlds 2) : 'What is Malaysian culture?!' I'll get shot for rebutting in class. So I sould stop. Okay. It's about globalization and all. The subject itself PWNS. I never knew globalization could be a subject. All I knew it was the spotted Essay topics coming out during SPM 2005. Now it's a subject. It's freaking subject worth 60 points!
COM1020 (Intro. to Communication) : One word. Jega.
FTV1010 (Television Studies): Television studies is definitely going to be more challenging than Film but it's okay coz now I know being a TV addict once in my life actually did some good. It's interesting how there is cult television progs. I'm not into Buffy and all but I can see why they are using it as a core text. Buffy is nice to watch but definitely a different story when it comes to critique and analysis. South Park!!! I LOVE SOUTHPARK! LOL.
JRN1903 (Feature Writing): One Exam Less. 1 Assignment More. Fair! When I did Newsroom, I always wished I took Feature Writing first. But after looking through the assignments, phwoar. I wished I retook Newsroom.


Timetable

Sem 1: Full classes for the week.
Sem 2: Fridays off! WOOT!

Facilities.

Sem 1: Good.
Sem 2: Super. The New Campus has Nice classes, nice Lecture Halls, nice library, nice walkways, Nice signages, Nice stairs, nice lift, nice rooftop, nice hangout spots, nice labs, nice everything. Cept the parking is still not big enough. *bashes the parking ticketing machines*

Heheheh~

*at the mo, I'm on Parafin overdose*

0 comments: