Monday, March 15, 2010

Things.

As many of you all may already know, it's the start of a new semester and my homies have officially parted X( BOO YOU PEOPLE. Heheheh just messing. Waiting patiently for the holidays you people BETTER COME BACK. *violent streak* :)

Myii, Kari, Alvaa + 1 (insignificant lol) in Melbourne. Sonia's in Perth. Zem's in Kepong and Alex in Shah Alam which are just dandy. My boat-people (since we're all in the same boat fighting the Homi Bhabha storm at sea lol) are super which leaves me pretty occupied on and offline. Heh heh. With people around, I know entertainment is just a phone call away =)

I know I've been complaining a lot, sinking a bit and yada yada about my little 'plight' in most of my previous posts but I'd be honest, I'm really getting the whole independent vibe now. It isn't all that bad.

It's actually pretty good because there are thing that you will see, certain things that your attention suddenly become more focused upon when you are on your own. So I'm going to list out ten things of what I like about now.

1. Own Crib.

I'm really loving this new crib. I'm currently staying at a low-rise apartment-ish area near Damansara Jaya. The access routes are great. Unlike Subang, it's quieter and spacious, since it's far off from dense student populated areas. I like personal space and silence. It gives me enough to keep myself sane from the workload I'm expecting this semester. Of course, the first few days when I lived on my own here it felt abit empty, but I live with a distant cousin now (she owns the place), so short conversations at night really makes a difference.

2. Food.

Cooking's an issue but I still try to as much as I can. There's only this amount of MSG one can take before signs begin to show on the scalp. LOL. So, I've been experimenting pasta recipes and such. Even though I'm sick of pasta, I quite like being able to choose what and when to eat and whether to eat or not. Choices at home are limited really. We don't eat out often and my maid doesn't know how to cook like western dishes and what... japanese dishes? Also, I seem to be the only one in the world who likes subway. LOL. So this wins. Home cooked food is awesome really. I always eat at home when I have the chance to. However, since it's for a family, like I rarely get to decide when to eat. It breaks my daily momentum sometimes and being late at the dinner table for a middle-class chinese family is rude so... yeah. I become rude sometimes :S. Another thing is being able to skip meals! HAHA THE JOY! I hope my mother doesn't see this. But I don't skip often coz there's always this nagging voice behind my head that tells me I shouldn't. Often, I give in. :/

3. Reading.

I consider myself more of an interactive-type of person. While I like having my alone-time, too much becomes difficult to handle. You know, the amount of time I spend interacting now is really the opposite of me and my 'busy' schedule during the holidays. LOL. It's great to hang out with friends and I learn to appreciate that, and a whole lot of other things I had along the way. I grew to depend on books to fill my time. Not exactly the 'books' I'm required to read though, I know I shouldn't avoid it but I will now when I can. HAHA. People who know me well enough, (or my attention-span rather) knows I always stop reading a novel halfway or simply take too long to finish. Reading just wasn't my thing last time and I rarely had time for this kind of leisurely reading hehe. My new hide out in malls is bookshops. Because it's quiet and it kills time (coz I'm cheap and i like to leech off free air-con and couches oww my poor legs). At times when I'm done it's too early to go home, MPH the next best thing.

4. Shopping.

Oh hell. It's not supposed to happen. Most of the days I just stay home but if there is ever an urge for me to go out and indulge... LOL. YES. I indulge. Like today. (regret) Super poor now. I bought a pair of heels on discount, 3 books from popular on discount tooo~ and a checkered collared shirt from forever 21 (IWISHEDTHEYGAVEMEDISCOUNT). Did that all under 3 hours. LIKE WHOA. I should switch my debit card to a normal atm card. o.O Maggi for the rest of the week. *tightens belt*

5. Friends.

By far, meeting new people and getting acquainted with old ones is what I haven't been doing in a while. That extra step taken to say hi isn't like slaying the Bandersnatch HEH HEH ALICE IN WONDERLAND FTW but it is pretty noble if you knew what the person feels at the receiving end. See. I didn't know much about this until here I am today. =)

*

MONASH CAR PARK SUCKS BIIIIIIIIIIIG TIME.

Car in need of car wash because of alternative parking zones. Monash dirtied my baby. Angreee.

0 comments: