Monday, March 29, 2010

Talk

There's this talk tmr about Najib and his administration that I have to attend. *gyah*

In the midst of a conversation about it on the way back, I was talking to N, my classmate, that something felt like a few years of oppression in terms of raced-based nationalism in the country. She's awesome, speaks with an American accent and has a thing for french/artsy movies and actually thinks Stewie from family guy is cute, the progressive type, I tend to forget that she's Malay sometimes. Now, I look back at what I have said and can't help but feel insensitive about my comments I've thrown, that I admit, in a way that what a Communications student shouldn't have put it so 'crudely', that there should've been some sophistication in my argument, or at least some objectivity.

I truly, really wish for that utopian 1Malaysia to materialize someday. Really wished that meritocracy cuts across all skin colour, all languages and all Malaysians. No more politicising race. No more corruption. No more corrupts getting away from the law. I don't care if this is wishful thinking, but once in my life, I was ignorant and believed it was supposed to be as it is, without question. Now, I just don't know how long I can live in limbo any longer.

0 comments: