Friday, November 23, 2007

TV Addict

I'm messed up. My head is as messed up as the hair of 15-year-old angst and kimchi. Must be the strong scent from the preserved fruit thing Karina bought and polluted the air with.

Sharveen and Karina are mean. I was driving. They shoved it at my face on purpose. Haha! I was defenceless.

I am on my way to a McDreamy marathon. 12 discs. :P

LOL. I have to say, I have never really liked a show so much to actually bother to watch it in seasons. The one who recommended it didn't lie.

The last American show that I caught was Smallville. Hey, that's like how many years ago. Channel 5 showed it at 11 every week and i religiously caught it. And before that, I caught Martial Law (1998-2000). My brother and I both liked it. I don't think anyone is going to remember that show but search on IMDb. Clue: It stars Sammo Hung. Awesome LAPD drama. I didn't like Ally McBeal because I was kid when it came out. I didn't like X-files same reason as the previous.

*this is the time where I'm supposed to feel old.

So, I spent half my life consuming Asian television. Singaporean and Korean soaps and sitcoms. And something I'm not very proud of... Taiwanese! LOL! Those were some dark moments of my life. But so much for television, what pwned the most was the amount of kiddy TV i consumed.

Just to name a few, I watched Sesame Street, Ace Ventura, The Mask, Animaniacs, Pinky and The Brain, Disney Classics, Tom and Jerry, Looney Toons, Barney and dare i say it, Power Rangers! Apart from Teletubbies, I hated those animes with machines with alot of jagged edges and complicated lines. Classics were the best!

Teletubbies for once, is the crappiest rip-off text ever created because they have low production cost (15 minutes of the show will be taken by replaying and ads), rubbish (Red bag? Damn Gay sial), and it totally distorts the child's development in self-expression. (one, they don't speak right. two, they don't cry/frown/get pissed off. Wouldn't you be scared if your son didn't speak right, didn't cry/frown or get pissed off?)! I know I would.

Pokemon, on the other hand, was a phenomenon. Everyone was trading cards at school! In Com1020, 2 people in my group confessed to be a really big Pokemon fan. South Park by Trey Parker and Matt Stone makes kids more adult as ever. I used to like South Park but their later seasons go beyond stupid. In any case, toilet-humour, cheesy poofs, terrence and phillip kills time. How often do you get to see Saddam and Osama appear on TV together anyway?

I am born a TV addict. Nothing else is more vivid to me than that period of time where there was no need for me to attempt to laugh inconspicuously so that my mum won't think I'm loony. (ie. when I was a kid.)

But whenever I have my eyes glued on the TV and do that now, (besides watching PCK) my mum would ask. "What's so funny?"

My mum takes a while to understand the humour on 'Friends' (Ross daaawww) or The Simpsons. My dad is quicker but had no reaction. Even when we watch something together, it's always me who is laughing. Why am I always the only tard in the house? Easily-tickled? Yes. Critical? No.

I laugh at almost anything on the idiot box, and lately Youtube.

I watch E!, I watch DH&H, I watch GA, I still watch cartoons. You just can't kick it out of my system.

Which brings me to my first point. I am messed up.

spongebobpwns.

0 comments: