Thursday, December 24, 2009

Post-Australia.

I've settled. I admit that the first initial days that I set foot back home, there were changes (or the lackthereof) that irked me. From the post office staff to the uncourteous drivers on the road. My courtesy smiley+gdays etc flew right out the window. I'm still getting used to not having the people behind counters not saying "hi-how are you?" and it feels strange to be honest because in Australia, I wished they hadn't try to create some small talk, because ultimately we're strangers and pretending that you care about how-i-am is fake. I never driven in Australia so I can't stereotype but one thing Malaysian drivers have to learn is to chill and learn how to give way. And also, learn not to come so close to my car to intimidate me to give them way when I have already given to 23456432 cars. GAHH. *stabs* Ultimately I only succumb in the end because I was driving my brother's car and with his permission, I am required to bring the car back in one-piece/without a scratch/bumpers intact.

But okay, my return hasn't been all that bleak. =)

I don't expect Malaysia to welcome me (creed) with arms wide open but hey yes to an extent it did. My family has been the sweeeeetestt people. <3 I came back, shocked to see how much they've grown. One cousin put on weight (it's the age) and another had his voice crack. A couple added a few inches. While physical changes were evident, much remained familiar. These few days I've been spending with people who I could only see in pictures on my wall in Aus. I certainly don't miss melbourne as much as I did before and I know I'll always be forever torn between these two places. Haha.

Much like how I expected it to be, it's good to be back. Met people in Permas from where I grew up. It's quite funny. Everyone's all grown up now. =)

In a span of 10 months. This all was what I missed.

Merry Christmas.

0 comments: