Wednesday, June 13, 2007

200 Pound Beauty. (2006)

미녀는 괴로워 (Secret Of The Beauty)
(Christmas Eve 2006 Korean release)
Starring Joo Jin Mo and Kim Ah Jeong.







I just caught it at the cinema in Mid Valley today I give it a million stars!!! It's one of those Korean movies that will make you leave the cinema feeling warm and fuzzy in the inside. I never really took notice of any of them but they've been big over in Korea for a pretty long time now.

The soundtrack is great. There are a couple of remakes from the 80's. I didn't believe it was Kim Ah Jeong singing it at first. But yeah, I went on to soompi and started browsing through a few threads. Yep. 4 tracks she sung on the show is in the OST and it is sung by her. She's talented.




1. Beautiful Girl - 김아중
2. 별 - 유미
3. Maria - 김아중
4. 슈퍼스타 - Loveholic
5. Dance With My Daddy - Alex (Clazziquai)
6. You Don't Know I Love You - U
7. 튜울립 - Venny (상상밴드) Feat. 종휘
8. Miss You Much - 유미
9. Beautiful Girl (Teaser Edit)
10. 바보처럼 - 김형중
11. 별 (Original Dialog Ver.) - 김아중

tracks 2,3,4 and 6 and 11.

Download it here

I think by seeing the title, the movie was pretty predictable. It's something like Ugly duckling. Hanna dreams of being a singer but she's only used to popularize another singer acted by Seo Yoon. It's comical at first. Then it goes down. Then we sob. Then it goes up again. I won't be ashamed to admit I cried. (All Korean Movies make me cry btw) I won't spoil this by saying why but how Hanna poses as Jenny can suddenly seem pretty touching :) Kinda felt for her. Kim Ah-Joong deserves a Daesang~!
"Do you know how it's like to just look at some one from afar?"
It's about superficiality, how physical appearence turn into obsession, beauty and esteem. Back to reality, the show is a little too perfect to be true. But it had me laughing hard one minute and crying the next.







Last but not least, Joo Jin Mo pwns!

Seong Dong Il (Jin Mo's sidekick) is just damn funny. HAHA.

My God.

I'm getting the DVD. :P

0 comments: