Saturday, June 02, 2007

Recount

It's 1.42 am and I'm happy.

After the exams, one sem is over and done with. I don't know how much a person can derive from just 6 months (besides, there's still 5 more sems to go) but I know those things that I've learnt and all that has happened to me is one of those things I'll cherish in life.

I haven't been writing much sense on my blog since joining Uni. But to just recount all that has happened make me glad that I wasn't too wordy. I know I'll remember things that I don't write down. Blame me for having no wit when it comes to words but sometimes, you don't have to write things down to remember.

The sem started out with an orientation. Then it went on to our first lecture. Dr. Yeoh. Man, did I enjoy that? Haha. No matter how bo-chap he can be, I always find myself in LT 2. I clearly remember it was the first tute and we had to play this game on criticizing our own bodies. The tutor was Abdullah then. And somehow he came disguised as a chinese guy and bullied us after that. LOL. People came out with the oddest discontent. For me was the usual frame, height, shoe size? and all the random-est thing in the world.

I know what I hate about myself. But I obviously couldn't devulge the truth in front of 25 strangers?

The presentation that almost crack my nerve. I still remember how I felt that day. Talking about semiotics and relating it to a Viet Starbucks spoof? It was barely 3 weeks and I already needed to do a presentation. Of course, the idea of doing a presentation scared me a bit lot. Fikri told me once he liked presentations because he felt like he was in control of the class. But that's just Fikri... and his brain-su.. 'hair'. :P

My apprehension doesn't stop there. COM1010 is the second most challenging subject for me. (INT is the first. LOL.) That's also where I heard of that over-used quote about time stopping. *rolls eyes*. TMY is a totally different person when he starts telling Burger jokes. It was hard to talk in the J-lab. Sometimes it felt over crowded with people (All sorts: AC/Liverpool fans, Tom Yam lovers, Drama-mamas, Brad Pitt fanclub members). quick laser blonds from Uruguay Some of those in my class are much much older than me. So sometimes it's good to just keep quiet and learn.

Chin Huat's class was next. It was a Wednesday. Kari and Rach both had super duper early classes so I came for class on my own. We were still at the stage where the hallways all look the same to us. I remember asking someone for directions but that person walked off ignoring me. I was 10 minutes late. The class was full and I had to sit all the way at the back on my own. I met someone named Nathaline who was a business student who took JRN as an elective. She told me she actually aspired to get into early education and not what she was currently doing now.

She dropped JRN the next week and handed me her notes that she had printed.

When I first saw the script for Idiot Gen i thought... "Man. How true."

Chin Huat makes a great JRN lecturer. He is one of the most dedicated teacher's I've ever knew. Everytime you say "Press Freedom", that dude's eyes will immediately light up and enthusiasm will written all over his face. He rocks because he had the patience and determination to force us to speak in class. (Note that this is all written in active voice)

The most memorable thing about JRN is it helped me get over my apprehension of voicing out. I'm just an average student and I admit I don't know alot. I always through Newsroom was all about writing. It totally turned out to be the opposite.

INT was scheduled to be on a thursday morning at 9.00 am. I was early. But that was the only lecture that I was ever early. Dr. Helen was great too. I liked her lectures. But I didn't like the time it was scheduled. The tutor, Ujval, is a chilled out cool indian dude who never lost his composure (until we made him laugh). It make the aesthetic value of the joke all funnier. (WTH.I'm talking FTV now.) I think it just took longer than usual to get used to us la har? We named our group after him today. He had better appreciate it.

I'll skip Accounting. If I did a word count for this, I can submit this as an assignment.

FTV was one of the most most most interesting subjects I've ever taken. I took it a week later but I don't regret taking it. We get to watch movies (+1). Lecturer is angmoh (+1). We learn angmoh humour (+1). Damn tough assignments (-1000). In tutes, Ben Mckay just talks and talks and talks... "It's a friday afternoon... I know." HE KNOWS. We're all alert again.

I screwed Assn 2. So that taught me a lesson. I can't believe I actually see some truth in Eddie's theory of passing work late.

Highlights of this sem?

+INT1010 Quiz Group Name!
+Dungu.
+Maison
+Com1010 Assn 2
+FTV Assn 2
+Finding CIJ
+Scholarship Awards.
+I.N. 2. more than 1 wish fulfilled.


They're many yah. I'll list them all soon.

One Sem's almost over and Alvin's leaving. Good luck to you dude. I know you'll fly a plane one day. Remember to give me free tickets. Totally appreciated you around. Coming by annoying me with Jason Khaw Weng Kiat. I know you don't mean any harm and I know who to look up to. The best Pool shifu! The best person to turn to when I have a car problem. All those names that you gave me... *rolls eyes* I don't know when I'll ever get to see you again but there's always MSN. Hope you get over to aussie and find that hot-chicken of yours. Who-re! That's what you'll always be.

Could you give me your MRS when you're over at Aussie? :P

I might forget those I didn't mention. I might not. But to wrap it all up...

Emo Tagline of the day:

Hesitate and you'll miss it. I saw this somewhere. But I don't remember.

This is the longest post I've ever written in months. This is what happens when you hold back too many things inside. It'll all come pouring out someday :)

I've poured enough.

It's June 2nd. It's 3.11am.

0 comments: