Sunday, March 18, 2007

What I think...

I attended JRN1902 lecture last wed and I remembered our Lecturer mentioning something about our Tourism Minister, Tengku Adnan. (The hottest Issue on Blogosphere right now). Apparently, this dude, said 'All Bloggers are liars, and many bloggers are jobless women'. It sparked a little bit of debate in the class

I am female but I'm not a super-all-out feminist. But being a blogger myself (what more, Female), it's hard to blog about what I usually do and ignore his existance. He's either itching for some attention in his boring life or just plain chauvinist.

"All bloggers are liars, they cheat people using all kinds of methods. From my understanding, out of 10,000 unemployed bloggers, 8,000 are women."

Trivia: It's a respond to an Indonesian Journalist's claim on Malaysian tourism on her blog. Complaints about red tapes and all.

(Yes. I do read Chin Huat's daily dose of news. It's like the Daily bread kinda thing except it's for us JRN-ians instead of Christians.)

LIKE DUDE! Have you met EVERY BLOGGER in the world?!

Okay, I'm not going to make this look like a hate-mail to him (I could turn this to a 5 foot essay but I don't have the time or money to get sued) but there's some records I would like to set straight.

+Not all blogging women are jobless.
+I see generalization.
+And if they are they are not liars. This is REALLY what we see from here. Women are just more descriptive.
+To say this on International Women's Day is really uncalled for.
+Other people are going to look at Malaysian men as chauvinist/ignorant/anti-females.
+In the past, women are seen, not heard. Now it's different. So, which era are you in?
+It's really not hard to be constructive. If somebody dissed your department and 99 percent of it turns out to be true, then do something about it.

He should join Jrn class. Sure our lecturer will be glad to have a new student or two. In class we learn that the first thing you ever need (if you intend to say something like this) is at least prepare points to back your statement. Substantiate your point. THE BASICS OF THE LAW OF MAKING SENSE is to make sense! Dude! You're like probably 50 (60? I can't guess.) and you're supposed to make sense. With all due respect, please don't say anything like this in the future. I think we all M'sians have a 'maruah' to uphold!

Salute Miss Loone. FEMALES KICK-ASS!!!

Happy Belated International Women's Day. *pops party poppers*

0 comments: